EOS Cafe Calgary is proud to announce that we have put our support behind the formation of the EOS Alliance.
“With the experience of the team behind the EOS Alliance, like Executive Director Thomas Cox, and the success of similar groups in the Ethereum and Bitcoin ecosystem, it was a no-brainer to join this alliance,” says Syed Jafri, CEO at EOS Cafe Calgary. “We encourage other BPs to come forward with their own stance on the Alliance and to share it with the EOS ecosystem at large.”
What will the EOS Alliance do?
The EOS Alliance will serve an important role to tie together various loose strings in the EOS ecosystem. Similar to the Ethereum and Bitcoin Foundations, the goals of the Alliance are to coordinate communications of various efforts within the EOS community that affect token holders and Block Producers.
The board will facilitate conversations and be adversely designed from gaining any power in EOS governance beyond that of making recommendations. In addition, there will be committees formed from the community to facilitate and advise conversations.
What will the EOS Alliance committees be?
Initially, there will be committees to facilitate conversations and recommend actions on the following topics:
- Code Management (GitHub)
- Exchange dApp Token Listings
- Constitution Drafting / Adoption
Who will run the EOS Alliance?
There will be a board for the EOS Alliance. The first 7 members of the board will be:
1. Lightning Clearwater III, the Alliance’s General Counsel and interim board member.
2. Brock Pierce, EOS holder and early Block.one strategic advisor
3. Galia Benartzi, Co-founder of Bancor and LiquidEOS
4. Peter Li, founder of EOS Gravity, a community leader and Block Producer
5. Hai Feng, of EOS Store, an EOS Block Producer
6. Nix Nolledo, Philippine billionaire, founder of blockchain startup ODX
7. AKON, multi-platinum artist and blockchain enthusiast
Additionally, the initial staff will include:
- Thomas Cox
- Myra Wang
Interim board members will be replaced by Community elected representatives within 12 months from the start. The board will have members from diverse geographic regions that represent the EOS community.
How will the EOS Alliance be funded?
The EOS Alliance will be funded by private donations. These donations will ideally be made in EOS so that all transactions will be public and transparent on the EOS blockchain.
For more information, please visit the EOS Alliance Website at: https://eosalliance.io/